Monday, January 21, 2008

More birth control and a sad good bye

What an action packed week we had! Following our Manic Monday (see post below), we had an equally crazy Tuesday. It started with paying off my Honda Civic!!! Submitting that last payment online was probably one of my most memorable moments. It may sound weird, but for someone who has totally changed her thought process on saving & spending money, not having a car payment is AWESOME. We'll now take that payment and roll it into paying off our Honda CR-V (in the hope of paying it off by next year).

Then, we ended the night by babysitting my favorite nephew Riley. I can honestly say, he is the BEST baby I have ever watched. I think Sampson, their dog, was more work than Riley!

The week ended on a sad note though... some good friends of ours, Matt and Steph, are moving to San Diego at the end of the month. So we got together Friday night to bave a little going away party for them. We ate some great food, then played Taboo (where, once again, the ladies lost). We are going to miss them a TON.

OH! And on Saturday, I attended the first of four babies showers I have in the next 3 weeks... talk about some more birth control. Ha!Ha!


Riley is a big boy at 5 months... my arms ached for 2 days from holding him!!!


It took more effort to get Sampson asleep than Riley :)


Matt and Steph, we are going to miss you so much!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a treat to see a new entry. Makes my day. Congratulations on paying off the CIVIC. I know you feel like you've accomplished much in doing so.

Your pictures babysitting Riley are priceless. Riley will get a kick out of those one day. I have a cute one of Brian on the floor with Riley at Christmas when he was trying to get him to sleep while we opened gifts. He makes his mama proud.

If you are on holiday, do enjoy. We miss you guys a bunch and love you, too. Mom

Anonymous said...

P. S. I think the picture of Brian grimacing is from hoisting his not so lightweight nephew and not from a stinky diaper. :)

Robinson Family said...

Brain, glad to know Riley is safe and sound in your hands...literally. Nicole, glad you are nearby. ;-) Seriously, you guys are the greatest! We need to get together again soon with no babysitting involved. Love you!

Melissa said...

Nicole, you win on posting first!! Looks like you guys had fun with Riley. He is super cute!

The Cromers said...

I have mixed emotions from this post: happy car is paid off! precious baby and funny pictures! sad Matt & Steph are leaving :(