Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008!!!

New Years Day is bitter sweet for me... it was 5 years ago today that I lost my grandmother to cancer. She was my best friend and I miss her dearly. But exactly a year later, God blessed me with Bruin and now he's my best friend and I love him dearly. God never replaces the lost things in our lives - instead, he opens new parts of our heart we never knew we had.
I wish everyone a Happy New Year - filled with good health and lots of happiness.

2 comments:

Yvonne Crawford said...

What a powerful post! It really made me think.

Happy New Year

*HUG*
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

I might add that four years ago we were blessed to have you become part of our lives, too. Thank you for hosting us so graciously over the holiday. It was very special spending it with you, Brian and Cricket in your lovely new home. Blessings for a great '08.