Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What's your political view?

Let me start by saying I find politics boring. Very boring. But Bruin made a good point today - the 2008 election is going to be a HUGE deal and I should take my vote seriously. I have never been able to identify with just one political party- in past elections, I simply based my vote on the person instead. Interested in where I stood however, Bruin found this neat little survey online that helped me. All you have to do is answer 24 questions (yes, no or maybe) and POOF! you've got your political view. The cool thing about this survey is it will also tell you which candidates are most like you. Turns out I'm a moderate. Bruin is a moderate/ republican. But we both have the same top 3 candidates. Strange. But it goes to show that it's important to vote for the person and not just the party.

If you're not sure where you stand, take a few minutes to fill out this survey... then be sure to vote next November!
http://politicalquiz.net/

On other fronts, Bruin and I have been super busy!!! And it's only going to get busier with the holidays coming up. This past weekend, I had lunch with the 'Little Man' and his chaperon (a.k.a. my two-month old nephew Riley and my sis-in-law Chara), Bruin played flag football (and slightly sprained his finger!) and we had a birthday party for one of our friends (pictures below).

The birthday girl, Missy and Jaime


Matt and Bruin enjoying some pizza


Missy and Christen acting out 'Speed Dating'.
Christen thought it meant speeding through a whole date... at this point, he's at the 'make-out' stage. Thank goodness we stopped him before he got any further!!


Wes, pouting. Why?


Cause the girls are finally winning!!! (unfortunately, not for long...)


Mmm... Cookie Cake. Happy Birthday, Missy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a very interesting survey. Should provide food for some very "stimulating" discussion around the Thanksgiving dinner table. And Yay! Yet another picture of Brian's favorite pose :) Sorry, Hon.

Robinson Family said...

Thanks for the shout out on the blog. Riley, a.k.a. Little Man, says hello and he can't wait to spend some quality time with his auntie and uncle coming up! Feel free to discuss his political views when you all come over. I can't seem to engage him in the 2008 election!

Bruin and Nicole Robinson said...

In response to 'Anonymous', a.k.a. Mom Robinson:
I totally didn't realize Bruin had a funny face in that picture! So I have uploaded so different, better pictures. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Those brown eyes get me every time. Gotta admit he's a handsome guy even when he's sticking his tongue out. Thanks for new photo. Love you guys, Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm so grateful for modern technology and blogs. A much better way to spend a middle of the night "can't sleep" event. Have read them all AGAIN. And redid my survey. I didn't like my label. Just thinking about you and missing you guys. LYB.