Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April Two-Nine

Today is a GREAT day! It's my (1st) 29th Birthday!!!
Here are some interesting events/facts that have happened on this great day...

In 1770, James Cook arrived at and named Botany Bay, Australia.
In 1967, after refusing induction into the United States Army the day before (citing religious reasons), Muhammad Ali was stripped of his boxing title.
In 1968, the controversial musical Hair opened on Broadway.
In 1986, Roger Clemens, then of the Boston Red Sox, set a major league baseball record with 20 strikeouts in nine innings against the Seattle Mariners.
In 2004, Oldsmobile built its final car ending 107 years of production.

I also share my birthday with some pretty cool people!

1863 - William Randolph Hearst, American publisher
1899 - Duke Ellington, American jazz pianist and bandleader
1951 - Dale Earnhardt, American race car driver
1954 - Jerry Seinfeld, American comedian
1957 - Daniel Day-Lewis, British-Irish actor
1958 - Michelle Pfeiffer, American actress (love her!!!)
1970 - Andre Agassi, American tennis player
1970 - Uma Thurman, American actress

And for those that are wondering why I say 'April Two-Nine'... Well, I couldn't say 'April Twenty-Ninth' when I was little so I'd say 'My birthday is on April Two-Nine'... and it stuck for 29 years!!! :)

Bruin and I will be celebrating tonight by going out to dinner at my favorite restaurant, The Mustard Seed. I can't wait!!!

P.S. Yes... I changed my blog again. I just wasn't feeling the last one. So, viola! :)

5 comments:

Robinson Family said...

Happy Birfday Aunti Nicole! I loved seeing you today. Sorry I wasn't being more social.

Luv,
The Roo-ster

P.S. Can't wait to see you and Unkie B tomorrow night!

Yvonne Crawford said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a good one!

Anonymous said...

Nicole, having a Spring birthday must be wonderful. Everything (here in NoVa) is in full bloom, azaleas, dogwoods, iris. Hope you had a very special day and a splendid evening. I'm remembering the evening the we enjoyed at the M'seed. Yum! (even at this time of day:).
Love, Mom R.
P.S. Your verse for the day feature is really great. I love that you can click on a dozen or so different translations and even expand to the entire chapter. Really great.

Melissa and Christen said...

Hope you had a great bday girl! The first of many 29ths right???

Robinson Family said...

Ok, the I LOVE the GREEN!!! You must keep this one!
Chara