Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Who forgot to tell me it's April???

I received a threat from one of my loyal readers that she would start a riot if I didn't post something new SOON (no names, coughCharacough), so to keep the peace, here's a quick little update on what's been going on with us...

The beginning of April brought The Thorn. Bruin auditioned back in January and got the role of Thomas, the ‘doubting’ disciple. Rehearsals were pretty insane… every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening from 6pm-8 or 9pm. In March, he started having Saturday rehearsals, too. Then, to top it all off, he had 13 shows in a two week period. YIKES is RIGHT. The show was incredible though (I saw it twice, it was THAT good) and I'm super proud of him for sticking it out. Here are some pics of the cast right before their last show:




Bruin is on the left, directly above the kid in yellow.

The beginning of April also brought the beginning of our CSA!! If you'll recall from this post, we signed up to get fresh, organic, locally grown veggies once a week for 12 weeks. Here's a peek at our first week's goodies:


We got beautiful strawberries, sweet onions, arugula, collard greens, beets and radishes. YUM! I'm still not convinced on the beets, but everything else was delicious!! We received more beautiful strawberries this week and they were quickly eaten. :)

The middle of April brought a BIG surprise... my dad, step-mom and youngest sisters!! They decided to spend their Spring Break at Wild Dunes, which of course meant WE GOT TO SEE THEM!! I haven't seen them in TWO years so it was GREAT to catch up. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera both times we hung out, but I did manage to snag some quick pics of my sisters in the car...


This is Sevigny. She's 10. She's smart as a whip!


And this is Mireille. She's 8. She's sweet as a berry. :)

Well, that brings us to this week. Nothing much is happening, honestly. Bruin is in Calgary on a business trip and I'm just hanging out with the boys.

Next week, however, something BIG is going down... I'll give you three guesses as to what that is. But I'm pretty sure you'll only need one... :)

1 comments:

The Cromers said...

Girl, you KNOW it's April! You've been celebrating all month (as you should be :) Good blog...love the pics. And could your sisters be any cuter???