
Bruin and I heard about this opportunity last year to purchase a "share" of a local farm's anticipated crop. The produce is organically grown and picked the day before you get it. I was really curious about it and would have liked to do it but unfortunately, we heard about it a bit late so weren't able to participate. Well, this past week we heard they were accepting applications for their Spring/Summer harvest and after breaking down the cost and comparing it to what I normally spend, we decided to apply. (It ended up being about $20/week, which I easily spend at BiLo)
Basically, from the first week in April to the first week in July, we pick up a box of freshly picked, organic fruits and veggies every Thursday. The fruits/veggies vary each week so you get a good mix of things. I'm pretty excited about it for a number of reasons...it's going to help Bruin and I eat better... it'll increase the diversity of the fruits/veggies we eat... AND it supports our local farmers!
I think once we start the program, I'll take a picture of our box each week so you can see what we get. They also have a Fall Harvest program so if the Spring Harvest goes well, I think we might do that, too.
If you are interested in learning more about the program, you can visit their website here:
http://www.stonofarmmarket.com/AmbroseFamilyFarm.html
Friday, January 9, 2009
Ambrose Family Farm
Posted by Bruin and Nicole Robinson at 7:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a good idea. This might give you an opportunity to try some new recipes, too. April will be here soon. Can't wait to hear about the good stuff you get to try. A healthy alternative, too. Take Care and let us know what tastes best. Mom R.
So cool! Good for you guys. Can't wait to hear how you like it and how it goes.
I'm definitely going to check that out...SUCH a great idea...
Post a Comment